Monday, June 6, 2016

A new 365 Challenge...

Been awhile.  Not surprising.  Not really sure what has been up with me lately.  I do know one thing for sure, I'm not a very good Blogger,  LOL.  I'm also horribly inconsistent and can't seem to stay on track with anything... judging by the stopped and started projects, weight loss ambitions, etc.  I've spent the last week in Navarre, Florida.  It's hot.  This body is not meant to be seen in bathing suits, shorts or other summer attire.  Years of living in Alaska have made me the Queen of hiding my body and the more I hid it... the more it grew.  And grew.  And grew.  Here, EVERYONE puts it all out there, the young, the old, the skinny and the not so skinny...

So here is the picture that changes everything.  I don't recognize myself in this picture at all.  It's not even the worst picture as far as how large I've become.  It's my face.  It's all bloaty and swollen.  Who is that?
 
It sure as heck doesn't look like  me.  I thought I looked AWESOME when I left the house... I mean, sure, I'm bigger than I've ever been, but it's not like that should define me right?  BUT OMG.  I keep coming to it and looking for myself and I don't see me.  


So, yeah - starting a weight loss thing again.  But slowly - and first is a 365 challenge... to walk at least 30 minutes a day (or average it out across a week)  

I was going to wait until I went home to begin, as I'm still on vacation...but it seems like I'm always waiting for the perfect time and it never really comes.  So why not start today I thought to myself.   

First walk down today.  1.74 miles at about 21 minute miles.  I was out for roughly 36 minutes.  Not a bad start since it was 90+ degrees.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment